Saturday, June 29, 2024

Packed and ready to go!



 

 

It's just around the corner now, Summer Camp 2024!  Let's review the list:--  I didn't have a pre-camp physical check-up, but I had my last dental work done.  I never gave a thought to sewing little name labels in my clothes – but after all, at summer camp, you might want to invent a new name for yourself.  I suppose my down-at-heels walking shoes could be repaired, but when you have a full box of crayons, what else do you really need?

 

School is out for the little guy next door, and there have been hints of blue sky.  It can only get better.

 

 

There was only one last thing to do – the final piece in the "Minutiae" series, and it popped right out at me two weeks ago.  I'd been invited out to dinner and went looking for a bottle of wine for my hosts.  I know nothing about wine selection but am semi-famous for choosing quirky labels.  I could barely believe it when a HARLEQUIN popped out at me!

 


YES! But first I'd paint it.  I'd had the bottle for three days, planned the layout, and started to paint when I suddenly realized……..this was not Harlequin.

 


It was The Fool from the Tarot Deck that originated in the Middle Ages – by golly, I'll bet those travelling Commedia actors passed their time with these playing cards!

 


Remember my new hero Gino SeveriniFrom his two Harlequins and wine bottle, you can see why I'd jumped quickly to the wrong identification.

 


Never mind.  Here's the last in the Minutiae series:  "One for the Road" (copyright 2024)

 


On to summer camp!  If it's half as much fun as the one pictured below, where I spent two weeks each in the summers of 1952-54, it will be memorable.  Can you spot my friend A and me?  Not likely – we tended to hang out around the edges, not in this kind of mob scene.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment