Thursday, November 30, 2023

In another part of the galaxy


 

 

Strange things are happening.  Hallucinatory?  Supernatural? Extraterrestrial?  Too early to tell. 

 

Remember when I did the Beetlemania Series and beetle spin-offs kept cropping up in unexpected places as I went about my daily life?

 



Now as I begin a series based on the Commedia dell'Arte, I'm finding resonances here and there.  How about this sale package of pasta?

 


Okay, it's weird enough that this is Dolce & Gabbana pasta.

 

 

But look what (or WHO) comes dancing along on the side and back of the package:

 


 

It's the Commedia's Pulchinella!  You'll be properly introduced to him before long.  Quite a coincidence, yes?

 

But, really, I need to get an eager gang of would-be actors lined up for their auditions.

 

 

If only I weren't distracted by someone who joined me at the bus stop one morning, with her own fetching head gear.

 



 Who WAS she?  Always pretty far removed from popular culture, I was clueless.  From the 1960s when at least I knew the major celebrities and then their celebrity offspring, I can assert that this was not Princess Leia.  I searched internet images for far too long and came across near-misses  like "Green Elf Queen" and anime characters like Rimuru Tempest Definitely another part of the galaxy!!

 

She will be nameless, this gal, until someone out there recognizes her.  And as for the auditions, she's asking, "Did I Come to the Right Place?" (copyright 2023).

 


As I'm writing this, I hear noises outside.  A quick glance out the window reveals…a spaceship lifting off?– or an early start on the Otherworld of end-of-year holiday celebrations?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment