Monday, May 14, 2018

What are we gonna do?!



After a disoriented April, I got back to the drawing studio on May Day.  M'aidez, indeed!  Everyone was all set to go, all chairs were filled in the circle around the model stand, but -- no model.  This had never happened (to me) before.

Okay.  No worries.  The model phoned to say she was stuck in traffic, and the imperturbable studio monitor appealed to a member of the group -- another of the regular models, who is also an artist, who was attending the session to do drawing herself.  She agreed to do the warm-up by modelling for the 1- and 2-minute poses, but "draped" as we say (keeping her clothes on).

I think this young woman was one of the first models I had when I began this routine just a year ago -- and she's FAB.  Here are a couple of her 1-minute poses:


And several two-minute poses:



  



It was positively exhilarating.  And then the scheduled model arrived -- a very beautiful young woman with a perfect body.  Under other circumstances, it would have been satisfying to try to do justice to this perfection -- but after the first model's challenging twists, turns, shifts in balance....  Well, as I confirmed at the break with a regular compatriot who I often sit near:  the energy just seemed to evaporate from the room.

For the most part, I chose to focus on sections of her figure rather than on an entire serene pose.  Some 5-minute poses:


A couple of 10-minute poses:


And a playing-with-crayons (me) 30-minute pose:

 Not bad for an overall session, considering that implementing Plan B resulted in an A Plus performance.  When I thanked both models afterwards, the dynamic one reminded me that the models' monthly schedule is posted on the website.  AND it just so happens that she's on the May 15th roster.  YA-HOO!   I'll be there.


1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I must admit I chuckled at the idea of a nude model stuck in traffic, albeit not yet nude, while a member of the class says, "Sure, 'happy to pose." (Okay, I know the one stuck in traffic was still clothed, and the stand-in was draped, but still...)

    ReplyDelete