Wednesday, May 31, 2017

"It resonates"







Does this title image look like it's resonating? Hard to say. As I work along on my Flash Mob series, it's sometimes a challenge to match a visual image to a dubious colloquial expression -- which was part of the Flash Mob's impetus from the first in the series, "Lean In."

Nonetheless, here we go with the preliminary sketch plan:



When I started this, I hadn't yet acquired my delicious new stash of Arches fine arts paper. (Give this site a moment to kick in, and it's lots of fun). So once again I worked over an old painting--



Laying in the figures on such dark paint went pretty well, with the use of white pastel crayon:



With my art classes (and homework!) over for a while, things moved along fairly quickly in my studio mornings.




However, nearing the home stretch, I had to face the fact that the top figure's arms were just *TOO LONG* -- a mistake I should have dealt with two weeks before.



You can view the whole sequence here, and here's the final view of "It Resonates" - #6 in the Flash Mob Series (copyright 2017):--



Well, short of an earthquake in action, what IS a visual equivalent of "resonate"? Let's try this -- it's at least an excuse to share a beautiful April sunset from my back porch.


No comments:

Post a Comment