Sunday, December 13, 2015

Auld Lang Syne - days gone by



If you read my previous post, you know what a special experience I've had attending a "Digital Storytelling Workshop for Elders". (And if you've never visited my blog before, that's because I've deliberately kept it low-key, just counting on the trusty friends who check in from time to time and can usually be relied on to give me a 5-star rating).

Now it's time to share the results of my 10 weeks delving into new-to-me technology, internet photo banks, amazing personal connections through cyberspace -- and my own memories.

"If you start this process, continue..."  The video lasts 6 minutes and 20 seconds -- a little over our Elder group's budgetted 5 minutes, but we were given a "gift certificate" to cover the cost.  Be sure to view all the way to the end and add your applause for the contributions of those I've thanked.



8 comments:

  1. What a beautifully narrated story Kelly. Your voice is perfect for the telling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those "deep snows of winter" -- no one does snow like the Tug Hill Plateau, circa 1950. Life WAS simpler then.

    Signing this Anonymous, but not the one that stirs up stuff in cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved Mr. Fairchild! But we liked to bring in the bottles after the cream pushed up the caps. My parents saved the cream for their coffee, and Johnny and I thought it was one of winter's miracles. Your comment about living close to the earth was so true and so real. Thank you for making this video, and bringing back so many happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your voice narrates this so beautifully, being pleasant to listen to, filled with the joy of happy memories, and tinged with nostalgia. The photos take me back to that simpler time; the guitar accompaniment is excellent and befitting. Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. The photo from your walk and talk is extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing stories in this video. I can't wait to see the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so evocative of innocence and childhood in the 1950's...you've done a wonderful piece of art and narrative with your memories! It's a period that predates even our friendship, and yet I recognize all of the important characters. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an amazing job coordinating the images and your narration. I too, remember seeing Kate Smith on our old TV. What a memory. Well done Kelly!

    ReplyDelete